Website Use Terms and Conditions: Goodforlunch.com
(last update: 29 March 2009)
Welcome to Goodforlunch.com
These terms and conditions (T&Cs) apply to our website hosted on the address www.goodforlunch.com (“our website”). These T&Cs apply to each visitor and user of our website. These T&Cs set out the legal framework in which you participate on www.goodforlunch.com, your rights and responsibilities and what you can expect from us. We reserve the right to change them at any time
We will do our best to offer you a service that works properly and is continuously available and we will schedule non-urgent maintenance and improvements to off-peak hours but we may have to carry out maintenance during peak hours in case of emergency, so we cannot guarantee accessibility all the time and we will not be liable for any losses arising as a result.
You may only post content you own or create or which you have written permission to post. You agree that we do not endorse any User Content and are not responsible or liable for any User Content and that you indemnify us against all costs, claims and liabilities that we may incur to third parties arising from your breach of these T&Cs.
We may wish to advertise our service and present examples of content created by users. By using our website you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and assignable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such User Content throughout the world in any media. You also grant us and our sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Content, if they choose but also to publish your User Content without accreditation.
If you choose to republish your User Content elsewhere, we ask that you refer or provide links to Goodforlunch. We reserve the right to refuse, edit, move or remove any User Content from our website with or without justification at any time.
If User Content includes information on venues or events including opening times, accessibility or availability of tickets, you are advised to check with the relevant venue or organisation before setting out or incurring any expense.
You agree not to use the website to:
* Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate other user’s legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity);
* Create, host or transmit any defamatory, offensive, or obscene material or engaging in activities which would cause offence to others on grounds of race, culture, religion, creed or sex;
* Create, host or transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or the destruction of property or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability using the services to create, host or transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users;
* Make fraudulent offers to sell or buy goods or services;
* Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose in breach of these T&Cs;
* Distribute surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters or other communications in the nature of spam;
* Use software agents to automatically harvest information from the site;
* Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material on our website.
This list only serves to provide examples and is not an exclusive list of the type of misuses of conduct that may result in the restriction, suspension or termination of your access to our website. We reserve the right to monitor and remove content which, in our absolute discretion, constitutes a misuse of these T&Cs. We and our affiliates specifically disclaim any liability with regard to User Content and any actions resulting from your participation or the participation of others using our website.
Message board and site membership
Considering the real-time nature of the Message Board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information that is posted. Any message posted on our forums expresses only the views of the author of the message and does not necessarily reflect our views.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable, is encouraged to contact us immediately by e-mail or the contact form. We have the ability to remove these messages if determined necessary, within a reasonable time frame because this is a manual process. Please note that we may not be able to do so for no reason whatsoever.
We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message(s) posted by you.
We reserve the right to remove any posts and/or deactivate any user at any time with no prior notice.
No Liability for Viruses etc
We endeavour to ensure that all content on goodforlunch is free of viruses and any other device which may have an adverse effect on your system and data and we ask that you do the same with any User Content you upload. Furthermore, we advise all users to make sure that they only download material from our website if they have an upt-o-date virus-checker on their machine and take regular full system and data backups to minimise disruption in the event of virus or other attack. Please note that no matter what protection we or you have, there is no guarantee that you will not be attacked, hence the need for regular backups. Therefore, we accept no responsibility for any losses arising from an attack by virus, Trojan, worm or other device having a negative impact on the use of your system or unlawfully giving third party access to your data or transmitting such data to a third party.
Neither we nor our suppliers are liable for any lost profits or special incidental or consequently damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with your use of goodforlunch but this clause is not intended to exclude our liability in the extremely unlikely event of fraud by one of our employees or death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
Liability for Disputes Between Users & Third Parties
We are not responsible for any linked website or for what happens to you as a result of using these websites (though please tell us about any problems) so we cannot intervene in any disputes between you and such website or their users. Similarly, we cannot get involved in disputes between you and other users though if their conduct is in breach of these terms, again please bring it to our attention.
You agree that you will not hold us liable for costs, claims, demands, or damages of any kind or nature arising out of or in any way connected with a dispute with any other user of goodforlunch.
If you believe that content you own has been used on goodforlunch in a way that violates your copyright or other intellectual property rights, please provide our team with the following information:
* an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
* a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
* a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site
* your address, telephone number, and email address;
* a statement by you (made under penalty of perjury) that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised and that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorised to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf and have proof of such authorisation and title to such rights.
You can make an initial contact at email@example.com and we will deal with your claim and provide any further information that may be required.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to·not having this information used by these companies, click here.
We are the owner and/or authorised user of all trade marks, service marks, patents, copyrights, database rights and all other intellectual property appearing on or contained within goodforlunch, unless otherwise indicated. We do not grant you any right, title, interest or license in any such intellectual property and any use of it is prohibited.
Non-Waiver of Rights
Our failure to act in a particular circumstance does not waive our right to act with respect to that or other circumstances. We shall be excused for any problem due to a factor beyond our control.
These T&Cs are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arise out of or in connection with these T&Cs and our website.. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local laws in relation to use of our website.